Watts Gallery Trust is hoping to acquire, restore, conserve and develop Limnerslease, the studios and home of the eminent Victorian artist G. F. Watts OM RA (1817-1904) and his wife Mary Watts (1849-1938), a ceramicist.
Limnerslease is the last surviving house and studio designed by Sir Ernest George and is the only 19th-century artist's studio with its collection still intact. This remarkable Arts & crafts building is located on a hill across the lane from Watts Gallery. For the first time since it was subdivided and sold after Mary's death, Watts Gallery Trust has a short time to save Limnerslease for the Nation.
Construction work on the conservation project starts in January 2015