This building was sold by Winston Churchill in 1922, and is partly Tudor in origin. The contract involved conservation of the house together with the addition of a wine cellar below the front left hand wing. In addition one of the rear projections was enlarged by the addition of a green oak framed extension to match the existing. ACA carefully detailed this in order to minimise the consequences of shrinkage of the oak allowing replication of the tendered pads.
Surveyor: Roger Grove, Value: Circa. £0.6m